Broadband services such as high-definition TV (HDTV), media-on-demand (MOD), and online games demand high bandwidth. EPON, standardized in IEEE 802.3ah, is the most promising FTTH technology to provide 1 Gbps bandwidth for both upstream and downstream that really addresses future bandwidth needs. An EPON Network consists of the central office Optical Line Terminal (OLT), the customer side Optical Network Unit (ONU), and the passive Optical Distribution Network (ODN).
OPNET’s EPON solutions include the GePT-2008 OLT system, the GePR-1101、 GePR-1104、 GePR-3104 ONU systems, and the GePMS-2000 Network Management System. The GePT-2008 is a 2U chassis-based system. It can plug in 8 EPON ports in the system to support totally 256 subscribers. Together with OPNET’s different type ONU, GePT-2008 completes the end-to-end FTTx with up to 1 Gbps of bandwidth to residential and business customers. It is the ideal carrier class optical access plat- form for FTTx (FTTC, FTTB, FTTH).
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3ah standard
- Flexible QoS management for triple play service
- Flexible VLAN Management to meet operator’s service model
- Support IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping for efficient Multicast
- Support full suite of security and administrative functions
- Support completed OAM&P functions
- Support 256 subscribers
- Enable/Disable ONU VoIP and CATV Service
ODN (PON) Interface
Quality of Service
Security and Filtering
Remote ONU Management
Hardware Physical Specification